Thursday, November 01, 2012

The Shining finger painting


I opted to draw Shelly Duvall rather than Jack, because he get's more  airtime, and persoanlly I think she sells the fear and edginess that makes The Shining work.
I decided to save as many stages as I could remember when I did this one and have a go at making my first Gif - I'm afraid I have no idea why it isn't showing the solid black... anyone else? Hopefully this gives a little insight into how the process works. As you can see I start of with a rough shape and placement and then add and refine from there. As Finngr has no erase function you can see that the only way to correct is to paint over what doesn't work - this is also how I refine bits, by carving away what doesn't work by painting over with whatever the base colour is.

No comments: